Sunday, March 29, 2009

Crab Au Gratin

This was sent to me by my pal, Donna, in Newfoundland.

In a double boiler,, melt 3 tbsp butter,
add 1 tin of mushrooms(or not ,if you don't like them,,which I don't)
blend in 1/4 cup of flour
then stir in 1 cup of chicken boullion and 1 cup of milk.
Stir until thick.
Add 1/2 cup of shredded cheese,
1/2 tsp of salt
1 cup of crab( more if you want lots of crab in it,, I have mine really thick).
Sprinkle with cheese and paprika, put it into the crab shells if you have them or in small tart plates or a casserole dish .
This can be frozen for later use.
Bake in oven til hot and you can put it under the broil for a few minutes to brown on top. When I had access to free crab from one of our fisherman friends, ,he used to bring us a big box of crab legs which we boiled and cleaned. Then I used to double the recipe,, you can use tin crab meat, but it isn't as good.

ENJOY!

No comments: