Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tasty Beef Roast

This recipe was given to me by Joanie, one of our volunteers at the Blood Bank.
This is perfect for a cheap cut of beef. The acid in the coca cola helps pull liquid into the roast making it very tender.

NEED:
Roast...cut of your choice
1 can of cream of "whatever you want" soup
1 can of Coca Cola
seasoning of your choice

Place the roast in a slow cooker ( if you do not have a slow cooker you can place the roast in a baking dish and cover with a lid or foil and bake in a slow over ( 250 degrees) until done.
Pour the soup over the meat.
Top the soup with any other seasonings you may want to use.
Pour the coca cola round the roast.

Slow cook for 6 to 7 hours on low to medium or on high for 4 to 5 hours.

I used cream of celery soup when I made it. After removing to platter I ladled the juice from slow cooker over the roast before serving and also had a side of it on the table for anyone who wanted to add a bit more. It is so full of flavor you hate to waste it. When I stored the leftovers I poured the remaining "sauce" over it. When I warmed it up..WOW..even more flavor.

**my pal Donna, in Newfoundland, made a moose roast using this idea..said it was great.

ENJOY!

No comments: