Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Basic Mustard BBQ Sauce

It is getting to be the season of outdoor cooking around here. I love BBQ. Of course, you can do it in the oven, on a grill, in a smoker..but no matter where you cook it..it's the sauce that makes it great. I like bottled sauces. I always try to buy some of the non standard and not so well know names. One of my favorites is Sweet Baby Ray's. I also like to make my own. As with everything you cook, it's a matter of personal taste. Don't be afraid to be daring. If unsure, only make a little the first time.

NEED:
1 cup prepared yellow mustard
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon cayenne
Mix all the ingredients in a saucepan and simmer on low for at least thirty minutes. This is great for southern pork style barbecue

Enjoy!

No comments: