Sunday, March 30, 2008

Rice

Right now I am very into rice. I nearly 99% of the time use instant rice. Even if you use long cooking rice you can do a few things to change it around.
First of all...I do not cook my rice in water. I use fat free chicken broth. It just adds a flavor that is great.
You can change rice to go with any main dish.
Saute chopped onion, shredded carrots and frozen peas ( frozen works best because they will be warmed through by the time the other items are tender) If using fresh peas, add when sauteed items are about 1/2 done. Add to cooked rice and stir.
You can cook broccoli and stir in.
Add a bit of soy sauce and ground ginger to the rice.
Add soy sauce and Asian spices.
You can add any veggies you like to create a great side. Just do not cook them with the rice. Always cook separately and stir in.
Be creative.

Enjoy!

No comments: