Sunday, March 9, 2008

You Decide Pie

I can't decide what to call this pie because I change it all the time so the name would have to change to what I'm in the mood for.
Today, I was looking through my cabinet and found a CHOCOLATE GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST. Humm what goes with chocolate? Well, of course PEANUT BUTTER. So, I warmed some in the microwave and spread it on the crust...what would make chocolate and peanut butter better, NUTS..all I have is walnuts but that will work. Toasted them in oven(300 degrees) for 10 minutes and tossed some on the peanut butter and saved a few to use later. OK, need a filling..back to the cabinet..FRENCH VANILLA PUDDING MIX. It's instant so I'm mixing that when I notice I have a couple BANANAS. Pudding is ready. I put a very thin layer over the nuts and then covered that with sliced banana and topped with the rest of the pudding.
Back to the cabinet for DREAM WHIP....mixed it and covered the pudding and then topped with the rest of the nuts and found some CHOCOLATE in the fridge so drizzled that over the pie and put it in the refrigerator to chill.
Sometimes the best cooking ideas are just combining things you love into something yummy!
In case you couldn't follow all of that.
NEED:
One pre made graham cracker pie crust ( I used chocolate)
1/4 cup peanut butter, warmed in microwave so that it is spreadable
1/4 cup toasted walnuts , reserve a few for later
1 banana-sliced
1 package instant pudding ( I used french vanilla)
1 package Dream Whip ( any whipped topping would do, but Dream Whip holds up great in the refrigerator)
Spread peanut butter on crust and top that with most of the nuts. Cover nuts with thin layer of pudding and top that with sliced banana. Cover bananas with remaining pudding, top with whipped topping, sprinkle with remaining nuts and drizzle with chocolate.
This pie can be made so many ways ie..replace the bananas with strawberries..or don't use fruit at all. Be creative. Cool Whip, if you choose to use that, comes in a lot of great flavors.
Let your imagination run wild.

Enjoy!

No comments: