Monday, March 17, 2008

St. Patrick's Day Breakfast for Kids

I just received an e mail from my friend, Dagney, asking WHY I didn't post the St. Patrick's Day Breakfast that I had always made for my kids. Granted, it's a bit late now but you could do it for dinner or make up something of your own or just tuck this away for next year.
NEED:
Eggs ( 1 or 2 per person)
1 tablespoon of butter for eggs
1 tablespoon ( or more, depending on how much toast you make) of butter for toast
1 to 2 slices of toast per person
1 serving of milk per person
green food coloring.

Spray a pan to scramble eggs in. On medium - low, place butter in pan to melt. Crack eggs in bowl and whip with a fork until well mixed and a bit foamy. Using a fork adds air and makes fluffier eggs. Add a few drops of green food color and mix. Reach the color green of your choice.
While waiting for toast place butter in a shallow bowl or on a saucer and mash with a fork..add a few drops of green food coloring and mix well.
Add a few drops of green food coloring to the milk and stir well.

At elementary school, St. Patrick's Day is a big celebration. Well, at least it is here. Every year I made my kids this breakfast and now my daughter makes it for her kids. If you don't want to do breakfast make a "green" lunch, such as kiwi, celery, green jello. Use your imagination and make it fun.

Enjoy!

No comments: