Friday, February 1, 2008

Leftover Biscuits

My family is all about biscuits. My mother made the best ones, but by sight not by measurements..so my brother and I always trying to make them to be just like hers. We get close but so far no winner.
I sometimes use a baking mix, like Bisquick, or make them from scratch. I double the recipe as I like them BIG so cutting them with the usual cutter is out. I pat them into a circle that is large enough to cut about 9 but because I have doubled the recipe it is thick so I cut them with a drinking glass that has been dipped in flour.
Usually there will be 1 or 2 left over. I place them in sandwich bags and tuck them in the bread box. Hopefully, someone will eat them. Before, if they sat there long enough, I just tossed them out by my bird feeder. One day I was thinking, there must be something I can do with these. I sliced them in half and dropped them in the toaster. GREAT! Hot and toasty on the edges. Sort of like a muffin now..but with a different taste. Spread with butter, jam or add honey. A great little snack and a way to use the leftover ones.

Enjoy!

No comments: