Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Taco Salad

My friend, Nancy ( Odie to some of us) e mailed me about the hot wings recipe. She made them and said they were the best ever. Thanks Nanc! She sent me her taco salad recipe. My kids are all about taco salad so I made this...was a big hit...
1 lb. ground beef
1 head of lettuce torn up in small pieces
1 small onion sliced
1 package of cheddar cheese grated or diced
2 tomatoes cut into bite size pieces
1 can red kidney beans drained. (optional)I think its better with
1 bottle of thousand island dressing ( you need about 2 cups)
1 large bag of doritos crushed(original flavor)
dressing:
1 3/4 cups mayo
1/4 to 1/2 cup ketchup
3 tbs. relish
1 tbs. horseradish
More or less of each to your liking. Brown ground beef and set aside till cool. make sure you drain it well. Meanwhile prepare rest of ingredients. In a large salad bowl mix ground beef and rest of ingredients, toss with dressing, it will be moist but the dressing soaks in quickly.

Enjoy!

No comments: