Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Buttermilk Pie

My friend, Mary, in Texas told me about this pie. I am a lover of pie so of course I had to make it. It reminds me of custard pie but with a kick and the added pecans just make it great. Trust me, you'll love it.

NEED:
3 cups sugar
6 tablespoons flour
1 1/2 cup buttermilk
5 eggs
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 pie crusts ( make your own or pre-made)
pecans- chopped or halves

Mix together sugar, flour and 3/4 cup buttermilk. Blend well. Add eggs and the rest of the buttermilk, mix lightly. Stir in the melted butter and vanilla and mix well. Pour even amounts into the 2 pie shells and top with pecans.
Oven at 425 degrees and bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake an additional 25 - 30 minutes. Inserted knife should come out clean.
Cool on rack until completely cool. Refrigerate.

Enjoy!

No comments: