Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Smashed Eggs

I am an egg lover. Depending on how you cook them the flavor is different. When I was growing up this is how my mother often made us eggs for breakfast. When I tell people about it no one seems to have heard of it. Where it came from I'm not sure but it is still one of my favorites. If you have small children this is great. Kids seem to just love it!

NEED:
two hard boiled eggs per person ( I boil mine about 15 minutes from start of boiling)
butter
salt
pepper

When eggs are done remove from heat, pour off water. Run under cold water to slightly cool the shell for handling. You want the eggs to be hot for this so if the shell is too hot when peeling quickly run under cold water to cool, again and continue peeling.
Place eggs on plate and smash them down with a fork. After you have broken them apart add a generous amount of butter ( start with about a tablespoon--add more if needed..you sort of want an even amount of egg and butter to create a "mushy" texture, salt and pepper to taste and smash them all together until well blended.
Serve with toast of your choice.
It is simple but tasty.

Enjoy!

No comments: